B.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2010, Columbia University
M.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2012, Columbia University
Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, 2016, Columbia University
Areas of Research Interest
Tissue engineering; focused ultrasound; osteochondral grafts; microbubbles; scaling up engineered tissues, preservation/storage of engineered tissues, translational research
Adam is a Postdoctoral researcher in the Cellular Engineering Laboratory after recently completing his PhD in the lab. He is skilled at designing projects, managing teams, analyzing data, and communicating ideas. His dissertation focused on increasing the translational potential of engineered cartilage through incorporation of osteochondral bases; utilization of high intensity focused ultrasound for internal tissue property alteration; scaling up the size; and preserving/storing mature engineered constructs for implantation. He has led multiple research collaborations across academia and industry, including a project with Stryker Orthopaedics. He has mentored, managed, and trained >15 students. He is interested in combining disparate fields in order to foster novel research.
In his spare time, Adam writes and performs comedy across New York City.
- Roach BL, Nover AB, Ateshian GA, Hung CT. Agarose Hydrogel Characterization for Regenerative Medicine Applications: Focus on Engineering Cartilage. In: Reis R, Neves N, eds. Natural Biomaterials for Advanced Devices and Therapies. 1st ed. New York, NY: Wiley; 2016. (In Press)
- Nover AB, Jones BK, Yu WT, Donovan DS, Podolnick JD, Cook JL, Ateshian GA, Hung CT. A Puzzle Assembly Strategy for Fabrication of Large Engineered Cartilage Tissue Constructs. J Biomech, 2016. [Epub ahead of press]
- Nover AB, Stefani RM, Lee SL, Ateshian GA, Stoker AM, Cook JL, Hung CT. Long-Term Storage and Preservation of Tissue Engineered Articular Cartilage. J Orthop Res 34(1):141-148, 2016.
- Nover AB, Hou GY, Han Y, Wang S, O’Connell GD, Ateshian GA, Konofagou EE, Hung CT. High Intensity Focused Ultrasound as a Tool for Tissue Engineering: Application to Cartilage. Med Eng Phys 38:192-198, 2016.
- Nover AB, Lee SL, Georgescu MS, Howard DR, Saunders RA, Yu WT, Klein RW, Napolitano AP, Ateshian GA, Hung CT. Porous Titanium Bases for Osteochondral Tissue Engineering. Acta Biomater 27:286-293, 2015.
- Yodmuang S, McNamara S, Nover AB, Mandal BB, Agarwal M, Chao PG, Hung CT, Kaplan DL, Vunjak- Novakovic G. Fiber-reinforcement of silk hydrogel for cartilage tissue engineering, Acta Biomater 11:27-36, 2015.
- Lima EG, Durney KM, Sirsi SR, Nover AB, Ateshian GA, Borden MA, Hung CT. Microbubbles as Biocompatible Porogens for Hydrogel Scaffolds. Acta Biomater 8(12):4334-4341, 2012.